ATTENTION STUDENTS & PARENTS!!!
The following presentations are available for parents of college bound children. The presentations will cover the topics listed below.
Webinar on 1/15/17:
Onsite presentations on 1/7/17 and 1/28/17:
Saturday January 7th, 2-3pm at Glen Park library, 2825 Diamond Street
Saturday January 28th, 2-3pm at Downtown library, 1044 Middlefield Road Redwood City.
- The current college costs
- The college funding versus retirement savings dilemma
- Fundamentals of college planning and funding (Expected Family Contribution, Financial Aid, Savings Options, FAFSA, etc.)
- Some practical strategies to increase financial aid eligibility, asset strategy, income planning strategies, college savings and funding strategies, loan and tax strategies
- Scholarship strategies
Are you struggling to understand the financial aid process? Do you have a question about student loans, scholarships, or grants?
If so, you are not alone. The rising costs of higher education has made paying for college a difficult task. And, understanding the financial aid process and jargon can be equally as difficult.
In conjunction with the National Financial Literacy Month, we launched the LendEDU Financial Aid Hotline to help students and parents navigate financial aid, scholarships, and student loans.
Simply text in your financial aid related questions to the hotline at (302) 278-4037 and you will receive a detailed response from our staff within 15 minutes, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. During non-business hours, students and families can receive detailed responses within 24 hours. Standard text messaging rates will apply. New financial aid calculators have been added to assist parents with calculating student debts and costs. The link is included below.
Text-in to: (302) 278-4037
- FAFSA website http://www.fafsa.ed.gov
- East Bay Consortium of the CSEA has a Scholarship Directory here http://eastbayconsortium.org/index.php?s=92
- QuestBridge is a website that connects the world's brightest low-income students to America's best universities and opportunities. Visit their site for more information here http://www.questbridge.org/index.php
- Blue & Gold awards program for families with income below $80,000 and you are attending a UC http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/paying-for-uc/glossary/blue-and-gold/index.html
- GPA Release Form required for Cal Grant Cal Grant GPA Release Form.pdf
- Non-SSN Cal Grant Form Non-SSN GPA Release Form.pdf for the Dream Act
- FAFSA on the web worksheet FAFSA on the web worksheet 2016-2017.pdf
- Selective Service Registration for Financial Aid required of all males 18 to 26 years of age in order to qualify for Financial Aid http://www.finaid.org/students/selectiveservice.phtml
- Financial Aid Calculators //lendedu.com/blog/student-loan-calculators/